Thursday, June 26, 2014

You'll be Alright

I am unable to formulate the words I need to say.
Saying the words aloud would mean that they are true.
And at this very moment I do not want the truth.
I want the delusional denial that makes it hurt less.
I want the ignorance; the lies in my head that help me sleep at night.
How do I say goodbye?
How does one say goodbye to the friend that became family?
The fear of not having them around; of going through a life when they’re not constantly there is a fearful life to live.
And yet, circumstances have made this fear a reality.
A reality I am not prepared to bear; to live; or even comprehend.
And yet, I am at standstill.
To wish them good luck and to tell them it’ll all be alright.
Words I speak to comfort them and hope to God it can comfort me.
I can’t be selfish; for them I must stay strong.
But what can I do when all I want to do is breakdown and tell them to stay.
I try not to be selfish; truth be told I am selfish.
I want to shield my vulnerability, but that would mean to not be there.
I want to run away and not face the truth; and yet I must be the rock.
So to them I say I hope all your dreams come true.
To them I pray that life brings you all the joy you deserve.
To them I wish that they never feel the pain they’re feeling right now.
It’ll be okay and you’ll be alright.

1 comment: