Thursday, May 28, 2015

Letter to Jay

Dear Jay,

where do I even begin? What to say and what to leave out? There's so much I want to say but can't possible relay. You are the best friend anyone could've asked for. You're my rock, my sister, my partner in all things whacky. You've been the greatest thing that ever happened to me in med school. I wouldn't have survived all these years without you. God brought you to Oman, to this specific college for me, and I could never thank Him enough for the gift he's given me. 

What I really want to say to you is that you're my hero. I don't think you realize how strong you are. I don't think you realize how much all your friends admire your determination, even though there have been a dozen ways the universe has stood in your way. You're a fighter, you never give up and if anyone can fight and get through the tough patches, it's you! I truly believe God has GREAT things in store for you. You will become someone amazing, and you'll forget all the minute mishaps that happened along the way because they were worth it. You are someone great as it is, but you're destined for so much more than you can possibly imagine.

Have faith in yourself and have faith in God, because with that you'll go so far. I can see it now, your name in lights and the biggest goofiest smile on your face. If I can envision it, then you sure as hell better envision it! 

Love you to the heavens and back,
Your sister, partner in crime and whack job,
B

No comments:

Post a Comment